Monday, May 21, 2007

Renfro Valley, KY

While we were in KY in March, we stopped by Renfro Valley. I think we stop there everytime we go down I-75! Anyway, I first went there as a kid and sat in the old barn, listening to good ole country music. My 78 year old friend, Patti, recalls listening to the "Renfro Valley Barn Dance" on the radio as a child. When we stopped this time, we learned it was one hour until showtime and that a favorite bluegrass band, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver were performing. We figured we couldn't get tickets but thought we'd try anyway and the cashier asked "Do ya'll want the front row or the 7th?" We took the front row...front and center!! It was AWESOME!!!!! Doyle and the other members made lots of eye contact with us and it was amazing! While we were waiting on the show to start, we walked around and I took these photos of the Renfro Mill and of an "innovative" flower pot!



Doyle is on the left.

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::