Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scrapbook paper Flower Tree

In the corner of the waiting room at my DR's office, there's a gorgeous spring-y tree with flowers made from scrapbook paper! The lighting in there is terrible, so my pix don't do the tree justice, but I thought it was too pretty not to share! The colors are very vibrant in person! I might have to make one for my daughter's room or my future craft room. LOVE it!



The base is a large flower pot with foam in it and a green tissue paper cover. The branches are real tree branches and the flowers were hot glued to the branches. The center of each flower was a ribbon-tied button.

20 Kind words & kindred thoughts::

Coleen said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing it. I'm following, would you follow on mine?
Coleen Franks from Swap-bot
http://vintageterrace2.blogspot.com/
http://franksukraine.blogspot.com/

Anonymous Me said...

WOW, those ARE gorgeous! I wish I was that creative!

GoingTwinsane from Swap-bot now following you!

Ky said...

I love your blog template, very cute. Ky from Swap-Bot now following you! :-)

Lucie Le Blanc said...

Girls ! How did you did that ? I can't find the follow button ! Help !!! lolll
Lulubiz, happy assigned partner for the more blogger followers swap ;)

Luvystacy said...

Wow, what a great idea, Thanks so much for sharing these, I would have to try and make some of these since i have been neglecting my circut and have so much scrap paper left over from various of project...so super cute though.

Stacy from swap bot

(luvystacy)

Sera said...

Hi! Following you from the Swap-bot swap :) You are one of my partners. That is a really cool paper flower setting.
-Saristotle

Heather said...

I would love to make something like that for my daughter's room. Too bad she is not a girly-girl. Trains, dinosaurs, and little people rule the day.

badk1ty from swapbot

Julie said...

i'm following you from swap-bot!
this is such a cute idea and i may have to try it! can't wait to see more!

128julie

creativetastes.blogspot.com

Mad About Pink said...

I love your blog. the flowers are awsome. I hope you'll post a tutorial one day :-) Mad About Pink swap bot

Nicc79 said...

Hi,

nicc79 from swap-bot now following your blog
" I want more bloggers followers "

Nice Blog!

Nikki
xx

Kimminita said...

Stunning! These look so pretty and you can see he love and patience put into them.

Kimminita for I Want More Blogger Followers' on swap bot, now following your blog.

KimmieKarma♥ said...

Aww I love paper flowers and yours look awesome!

Kimmiekarma from swap-bot now following you for the 'I want more Blogger Followers' Swap.

Lucie Le Blanc said...

Ok I think I became a member but I don't see a list of member...

Batmamma said...

Beautiful flowers :)

I am Batmamma from Swap-bot following your blog

druideye said...

I love button flowers like that, I got a few in a swap a while back. I have thought about hosting a swap for the flowers. Lovely idea.

Pamela

druideye from swap-bot, for the "I want more blog followers" swap.

Elizabeth Peregrina said...

what a great idea! i may have to try to! I'm elizabeth from swap bot. I'm glad I got you as a partner! Looking forward to more posts!
(queenelisheba)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohhh! I love it too! I'm totally going to give this idea a shot!!

Following you from Swap-Bot!
(JKupsh)

Laoch Rione said...

Honey I can't locate your Follow button - please help me!
LaochRione from swap-bot!

Unknown said...

Very pretty photos and nice blog. I'll be following you--from SB (skron11).
Sarala

Fleur de Bee said...

THIS IS FANTASTIC!! Someone must have shopped Anthropologie that day they made it as they have their displays that same. I'll have to reproduce this one too.

fleurdebee from swapbot now following you! Fun blog!