Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Weekend

We spent Memorial Day at my mom's in Bloomington (2 hours south), helping her sort through and pack up her belongings. She'll be moving in July and I'm so happy for her!! She's moving to a newly built place that's for seniors and it looks fantastic! She currently lives in a place that's filled with drugs and prostitution; with young girls who have multiple children and so on. Mom stands for what is right and honest, so that makes her very unpopular where she currently lives. She's had her car vandalized a few times, marijuana planted in her flower garden and many other things. Moving day can't come soon enough!!
My sister and her hubby happened to stop by mom's while we were there, so that was a lot of fun!! My 92 year old Grandpa was there as well. My sister, her hubby, Fred & I went out for lunch to a local BBQ place where paper towel holders are mounted on the wall above each table and you drink sweet tea from canning jars. Yum!
It's going to take many more trips to mom's to finish packing her stuff. We also filled the dining room with yard sale stuff, so there's lots of work to do there yet.

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::