Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pre-op...a robot?!

I had my pre-op appointment this morning with the OB/GYN.

My surgery is Monday at 9:30 AM...have to start the yucky prep Sunday. Yeehaw.

He said I may come home Tuesday, but that we would decide when Tuesday gets here. My in-law's will be here to keep Ryleigh and Fred will be able to be at the hospital with me.

He's going to take my right ovary and tube and uterus and is hoping I get to keep my left ovary so that I don't have to start menopause right now.

I'm having the surgery done with the da Vinci robot and apparently recovery is much, much quicker! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll actually be sewn up from the inside out!

I'll be laying on the bed like in the 3rd picture with the robot arms over me while the DR controls everything, as shown in the first photo. YIKES! LOL I'll have 5 incisions.

Scrambling around the house now...trying to get everything in order because I'm in that wedding this weekend in OH. Which, I'm thankful for because it will be a good distraction from the surgery! My surgery is the very next day after we get home!

And, my in-law's will be here beginning tomorrow for at least 5 days. Lots to do, lots to do! lol

2 Kind words & kindred thoughts::

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow! I've never heard of the "robot" type surgery! I'll pray that everything goes well for you!

Tammy

Janene said...

I wonder what Leonardo DaVinci would think having a cool machine like this named after him!!
I hope that all goes well for you! And that your recovery goes smoothly!
Have fun coming into this Ohio weather...hopefully it will clear up for you when you arrive.