Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weather, spring, baby & more!

Hello everyone! Thought I'd better get busy and do some updating around here! lol

It's been a very busy time...May flew by...with baby showers and Dr's appointments (there were 15 different appointments in May alone for a variety of things!) and so on.

We've been having terrible weather. Tuesday night I was as scared as I've ever been! We had terrible T-storms, tornado warnings, etc. We were up until about 4 AM Wednesday. We have serious flooding around here. Just a few miles south of us, a bridge collapsed and 3 or 4 cars & trucks went off into the water. One woman died. So tragic. I went to town today and so many roads were closed, farm fields, soccer and baseball fields totally under water. This is the spot just a handful of miles from us where the bridge collapsed and vehicles fell into the water:

This picture was in our local newspaper.

Not too far south, a tornado did serious damage. In Indy on Friday, in just a 2.5 mile swath, there was $29 million in damages from a tornado. Serious damage in my hometown last night too...it's about 2.5 hours southwest. Mom said there was no one going in or going out of the town today.

There's just so much storm devastation all around us. The worst damage we've had is a leak in our covered front porch and a torn awning on the RV. We have lots of flood debris to pick up, but we're very thankful nothing worse was done.

One thing I love about spring is the animals. Just in the past 3 days, I've seen 7 deer, 20+ bunnies, raccoons galore, chipmunks, baby squirrels, etc. For exercise, I walked down to the end of our driveway this evening and there was a deer standing down there, across the road. We had a face-off for a full 5+ minutes and it was amazing. The deer never even twitched its tail!!


I took this picture from our living room window of 2 deer in our yard last week, at 7:20 AM. It was a mama and her not-so-little baby.

The bunnies are out by the dozen in our yard. We got such a laugh watching a family of 4 baby bunnies running in a perfect circle in our back yard...they were surely chasing the cotton tail directly in front of them!

My FIL is still undergoing chemo. He's doing really well, in my opinion. The place under his arm where he has surgery recently isn't healing so well so he couldn't get the stitches out yesterday. Maybe soon. Otherwise, he is plugging along. =) He is so anxious for the arrival of baby Ryleigh that he can't hardly stand it. Neither can I! lol

We had 2 earthquakes last month. The first one I slept through. The second I was sitting on the couch and it starting moving! It was such a weird feeling!! That first one was a 5.1 and the second a 4.6, I believe. Freaky!

On Memorial Day, we traded my Grand Prix GT in on a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer XLT. It rocks!! lol All leather interior, heated seats, 2 radios, 6 CD changer, etc. It's metallic black. When we got in it, it had 8 miles on it! Fred calls it "Ryleigh's Ride" because her stroller wouldn't fit in my car trunk so we needed something bigger. I'll post pix soon.

Tomorrow I'm off to the DR with our birth mom again. We're going every week now. Woohoo!!

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::