Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Update

Fred is still in critical care, in a private room but not isolation.
Had the colonscopy and it showed 70% of his colon was affected by the shock to his body from lack of blood flow, due to drastic drop in BP on Wed.
The DR told me Fred's bowel came critically close to dying.
An infectious disease DR is now treating him for a parasite calledCryptosporidium parvum . We do not know how he got the parasite, especially since I haven't been sick from it and because we don't have farm animals. The meds for the crypto also treat the C-Diff.
They are saying maybe he'll come home Tuesday-Wednesday and hope to take him out of critical care tomorrow. We'll see.
I'm so sorry I haven't been able to email updates more often. Our stay at the hospital has been one nightmare after another. We are now in our third room since Wednesday and it's a private room. I was able to sleep 4 hours today which is more than I slept last night. It's just a very stressful and exhausting time. I apologize to those of you who are text-messaging me and not getting a response. Sometimes, trying to respond takes more energy than I can muster up.
I'm home to take a shower and let Snoopy out. Thankfully our power is back on as we got dumped on with snow yesterday.
Thank you to everyone for the prayers. We give ALL the praise to God for the work He is performing!


Cryptosporidium parvum info-

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/cryptosporidiosis/factsht_cryptosporidiosis.htm

For our RN friends, Fred is taking Alinia (nitazoxanide)

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::