Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blessed by another blogger...

I just finished an awesome Christian fiction book by author Tracey Bateman. I was just checking out her web site and saw this entry on her blog. Due to some current circumstances, this entry really blessed me!


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Faith
Yesterday was hard. It was one of those days where I felt like a failure. I cried and wrote in my journal, "Lord, how can I speak to your precious women about trusting and surrender and your ability to make them into the writer you've called them to be, when I so clearly haven't fully surrendered my own plans?"
I got discouraging news yesterday. News that made me feel like I'm not good enough. Like someone whose respect I truly want, just doesn't respect me at all. Ouch. That hurts. I had a day of asking the Lord to please take my hurt. please allow me the grace to keep moving if the answer from Him is "no" to the dream that I truly thought was His idea.

It's easy to be a Barbarian in theory. But when push comes to shove, do I lay down my weapon and give up, or do I hold up my leather shield against the onslaught of arrows coming at me and say, "NO if I fail, I fail trying."

It took all day for me to summon the strength to raise my shield, to flick off the arrows that had been stinging me all day. By the time I was ready to stop feeling sorry for myself, God spoke to my heart and once again assured me that He will complete that which He began in me. I dream so big, that there are going to be disappointments on the way up. There will be setbacks, there will be sore muscles, there will be flesh wounds. But only I decide if the wounds are unto death or annoyances that just make me more determined to stay in and continue to fight for the Heart of my King.

I choose to fight for His glory. I choose to complete my current assignments from him and make them truly something for his Honor. -Author Tracey Bateman

Someone is trying to use lies and evil to destroy something that is very close to me/us. I just told Fred last night I will not stand by and watch someone try to destroy this "thing" that is so special-that if "it" went down, I wanted to go down with "it", defending it! But, I know God is bigger than the lies and He will fight this battle on our behalf! My motto of late is "I will walk by faith, not by sight"

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::