Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Country-style Entertainment

It doesn't take much to entertain us and here's proof!
The other day, I bought a chicken sandwich and french fries from McDonald's. I didn't eat it all and when I got home, I sat my McD's sack on the front porch while I carried everything else in the house. Well, I forgot my sack of food. Just after dark that day, I looked out the kitchen window. About 2 feet from the window, on the porch, was a big fat raccoon munching on my fries! He'd (she?) already eaten the chicken sandwich! He'd pull out one fry at a time and hold it with both front feet while eating. Too cute! After eveything was gone, he stuck his head in the fry container and pushed it all around the porch. I had turned off the kitchen lights and while he couldn't see me, I had a great view of him! At one point, I hit the window glass and he stood on his hind legs and looked in the window at me! So funny! I tried about 20 times to get a good photo of him, but my flash kept reflecting off the glass and without the flash, you couldn't see anything. So, no photos. The raccoon wandered off but I was determined to get a photo, so I went out and filled the fry container with dog food, hoping to lure him back. About 10 minutes later, I went back to the window to see if he was back and there was a cat I'd never seen before, chowing on the dog food! It was a sweet medium-size gray cat. Off I went...came back about 10 minutes later and the cat was gone but there was a opposum on the porch with its head stuck in the fry container, ambling around on the porch! It was so funny! A big fat body, yucky long tail and a red cardboard head!!! LOL He finally got tired of the fry container and starting messing with the chicken sandwich container when who should appear but the raccoon! We had a ring-side seat to a fight!!! Oh my goodness! I never realized opposums hiss and have dozens of tiny jagged-sharp teeth!!! Yikes! I actually covered my eyes at one point!! Anyway, it was so fun to be so close to nature but safe at the same time. And, the show was free!

I never did get those photos!

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::