Saturday, June 6, 2009

Love my new project!

I found a really cool project at Bless Our Nest...Shannon had taken a silver tray and painted it with chalkboard paint. You can see her result here

I decided to give the project a try as well. I found these two trays at Goodwill for $2 each. I bought a can of chalkboard paint at Walmart for $10.
Here's my results:



I got so excited doing these projects that I hunted around in the garage for something else to paint and found an old board I'd been saving for eons, not knowing what to do with it but loving it too much to chuck it. I love the beveled edge on it. I covered the whole board in chalkboard paint and here's the results:

This sign will stay on my covered front porch for the summer and I'll prolly change out the saying when I get a whim.

If you decide to do this project, let me know! I'd love to see the results!

9 Kind words & kindred thoughts::

Debbie said...

I love it! I have seen others use the chalkboard paint and always wanted to try. I like the idea of the trays. I am definately going to have to try it. Thank you for the inspiration! :)

Debbie

country cottage said...

OH, How awesome. I love them. I have never tried the chalkboard paint. I think I'm gonna have to give it a try!!! Thanks for sharing yours with us.
Cheri

Birgit said...

Oh what a great idea and I love both of the trays and the board. The board is my favorite and I just happen to have a large board in my basement for the exact same reasons you didn't want to throw yours out! LOL! I knew if I held onto it long enough, a use would come along for it. :)
Hugs to you~ Birgit

Birgit said...

Oh what a great idea and I love both of the trays and the board. The board is my favorite and I just happen to have a large board in my basement for the exact same reasons you didn't want to throw yours out! LOL! I knew if I held onto it long enough, a use would come along for it. :)
Hugs to you~ Birgit

Shannon said...

Absolutely LOVE it! I love your large tray with the handle! They look great! Thanks for emailing me so I could see them!

Raggedy Angel said...

I Love that tray and I will have one......and I love your topless dancer in the post below! Beth

Jessica said...

That is a great idea and I love your results. I've been wanting to get some chalk board paint and see what it was all about.

plain*worker*primitives said...

Oh that's so awesome, and I have chalkboard paint! Cool!

xo ~~ melissa

Enchantresses Three said...

What a fun blog you have!!!! Love your chalk board platter! I also love where you live! It is beautiful! What I would give for some green!