Monday, February 26, 2007

Time with mom

My mom lives two hours south of us. We don't see her very often. She came up last Sunday to get some rest because she hadn't been feeling well...we live in the sticks and she lives in an apartment complex with a family living above her that sounds like a herd of cattle. Anyway, after she got here, she took a shower and her breathing just went down hill from there. So, we ended up taking her to the ER. They admitted her to the hospital and she stayed there Sunday-Thursday. I have to say that I was very impressed with our little country hospital! Far more so than the hospital in Muncie! Mom has COPD and has a long road ahead of her. She is here with us, trying to gather some strength and good health. She has started the journey in smoking cessation and I'm very proud of her! After smoking nearly 40 years, this is one of the hardest things she's ever done, but I know she has what it takes to make it!

Today was her first day out in a while. She took me out to lunch for my birthday and then hobbled around Wal-mart for a while. She was like a kid in a candy store! lol We are really enjoying our time together!

0 Kind words & kindred thoughts::